Mexico is a beautiful country, 39 million tourists from all over the world come here every year. The history and sights of this hot place can be a great reason to travel. Today we will tell you about 10 reasons why you should go to Mexico!
Mexico has a lot of pyramids, of course, you should see them. Maybe not everyone, but the most important ones, because they are really irresistible. As for me, this is the most important place that should be included in each list of attractions.
The most important pyramids are:
• Chichen Itza Tinum, Yucatan
• Teootiuacan Ciudad de Mexico
• Niche Pyramid – El Tayin – Veracruz
• The Temple of the Inscriptions – Palenque – Chiapas
• The Great Pyramid of Calakmul – Campeche – Yucatan
• Tulum Pyramids – Quintana Roo
• Monte Alban-Oaxaca.
Mexico City is one of the cities with the most museums in the world. I like this metropolis, because here you will find everything you want … Museums in Mexico City will definitely interest you, because the history of Mexico is beautiful. Be sure to visit the Museum of Anthropology and the Frida Kahlo Museum. Trips to these places will not be boring, because here you will see many fascinating exhibits.
The most interesting museums of Mexico:
• Anthropological Museum
• Templo Mayor – the ruins of the Aztec pyramids in the center of Mexico City
• Frida Kahlo Museum – Frieda House, one of Mexico’s most important artists, you can see her paintings and how she lived there
• Bella Artes Palace – the palace, which also contains wall paintings of the most prominent artists of Mexico
• Castillo de Chapultepec
• National Museum of Art
One of the best cuisines in the world is, of course, Mexican cuisine. You have no idea how big and diverse it is. Those dishes that are listed in this article, only a small part of the gastronomic culture of Mexico. Often local food is a tradition of the Mayan, Aztec and Spaniards. You can go to Mexico to try this variety of tastes on your own!
A few dishes from Mexican cuisine, for which it is worth going to Mexico:
• Tacos Al Pastor
• Mole Poblano
• Stuffed Chilli Peppers
• Huevos a la mexicana – Mexican omelette
• Tortilla Soup
• Chile en Nogada
• Pan de muerto
You may be wondering, but where are the burritos, nachos, chili con carne, etc.? … I did not include it in my list because it is Texmex food or Mexican food from the United States. These dishes will not be able to reveal to you the real Mexico!
4. Unusual food
They are usually served as snacks:
• Escamoles – ants eggs
• Worms Magway-Robak
• Chapulines- grasshoppers
• Escorpiones – scorpions and more.
No matter how ugly these products look, they are pleasant enough to taste. Ant eggs you can easily confuse with white beans. If you like exotic foods, then you should go to Mexico in order to eat a couple of unusual dishes.
5. Weather in Mexico
The weather in Mexico is perfect almost all year round, it is also very diverse depending on the place and time when you want to go. You should always check forecasts. It should be remembered that in Mexico the dry season (from the end of October to May) and the rainy season (from May to the end of October). After all, the whole year is warm or even very hot.
6. Holidays in Mexico
- Dia de los Muertos – All Saints Day. It takes place on November 2. People arrange a holiday in honor of their dead relatives. Everywhere hung decorations of flowers, baked bread. The graves of relatives are decorated, candles are placed throughout the city. In honor of the day of the dead in the cities there are colorful parades.
- Dia de Independenica – Independence Day. It takes place on September 15th. If you want to see how the people of Mexico have fun, then you must come on Independence Day. Everywhere is a great atmosphere, people arrange a great celebration with parades, dances and songs.
7. Millions of monarch butterflies
Every year, in late September, early October, Monarch butterflies arrive in Mexico, they fly from Canada, cross the territory of the United States of America, and finally end their journey here. Interestingly, these butterflies live only 8-9 months, so how much will their journey take? For the sake of this spectacle is to go to Mexico. All the trees, the grass, everything is covered with millions of butterflies. If you put on bright clothes and sit still near the cluster of butterflies, then these beautiful insects will start to sit on you!