Why should you go to Canada? Canada is an amazing country with a rich history. The local nature is notable for its special beauty and diversity: mountains, lakes, reserves, forests and glaciers. Here you can see the most unusual natural phenomena, such as geysers or huge trees. In addition to the flora and fauna in this country is famous for its high standard of living. Here, free medicine, cleanliness on the streets and very cozy architecture. What else can be found in Canada?
Reasons to go to Canada
Canadian cities are distinguished by their multiculturalism and modernity. Here you can easily meet representatives of Asian countries, French, Hindus, Germans and Russians. The most interesting cities can be called Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal. Here you will notice how the urban atmosphere is closely intertwined with mountain landscapes, French architecture and the banks of rivers and lakes. All of these are particularly clearly reflected in the behavior of the local population and their lifestyle.
Compared to the United States, cities in Canada are very small. This can be considered a positive trait, because it will be easier for you to get around them during your journey. By the way, there is a low crime rate here, so you can be calm for your wallets and valuables!
Canada holds the record for most natural monuments. It can only fight with Russia in the number of its “natural riches”. Here you can conquer high mountains, admire the beautiful waterfalls and visit the vast reserves. There are even deserts in Canada!
We picked up the most interesting places to visit if you decide to go to Canada:
- Dinosaur Provincial Park is a national park in Alberta. He is famous for the fact that there is the largest accumulation of petrified skeletons of dinosaurs. More than 500 dinosaurs of 39 species were found in the dinosaur park;
- Parks of the Canadian Rockies. If you want to enjoy the extraordinary views of the northern forests against the backdrop of rocky mountains, then this is your option. Parks, which you can visit: Banff, Yoho, Jasper, Kootenay;
- Cabot Trail is a long road that stretches along the northern coast of Cape Burton Island. This landmark combines the grandeur of the rocky mountains and the beauty of the Gulf of St. Lawrence;
- Niagara Falls is one of the most fascinating natural phenomena. The complex of waterfalls has a height of 53 meters, but due to the set of large stones at the very bottom, it seems that its height is only 21 meters
Canada is not as expensive as it may seem. You should go to Canada if you are an economical person. Historically, the Canadian dollar is cheaper than the American one. Despite this difference, Canada has a lot of quality goods and delicious food. Toronto is considered the most expensive city in the country, but prices are still much lower than in the USA.
You should go to Canada for an active holiday
Due to the abundance of forests, mountains, rivers and lakes, Canada attracts many tourists who love fresh air and extreme sports.
A small list of the most popular extreme types of recreation in Canada:
- mountain travel;
- Kayaks, canoes, kayaks;
- Mountain bikes;
Festivals and concerts
Canadians love fun and know exactly how to organize their leisure time. There are constantly held international festivals and unusual events on a variety of topics and genres. If you are a fan of noisy events and bright spectacle, then you should definitely go to Canada.
A selection of the most popular events in Canada:
- Holiday lights in Vancouver. The holiday takes place in December in honor of Christmas. In the local botanical garden, trees are decorated with thousands of garlands and lit at night. The city turns into a fabulous night country for a few days;
- Calgary Stampede – cowboy rodeo festival. It takes place every summer for 10 days in the city of Calgary. During the festival, you can take a look at the rodeo, vans racing, village fair and parade with the participation of the orchestra;
- Tulip Festival. It takes place in late spring in the city of Ottawa. During the holiday, thousands of tulips of various varieties are planted on city beds and on the territory of private houses. The city turns into a blooming garden with many colors;
- Toronto Film Festival. Traditionally, the festival begins in September. Every year more than 5,000 films are sent to the competition to evaluate the jury.